Learn coffee roasting from Ben Toovey, 4th in World Roasting Championships and Australia Roasting Champion 2019.
Group Masterclass (3hr) 13 Oct, 9AM - 12PM
: Group Masterclass (10pax) with Ben teaching advanced roasting theories and techniques.
* Masterclass topics:
- Competition roasting, experiences from the World Coffee Roasting Championships and three rounds of the Australian Roasting Championships
- Optimising heat transfer through batch size, airflow, and drum speed settings
- Roast profile strategies and advanced RoR control
- Mastering consistency with carefully planned preheating and between batch protocols
- Refine your quality assurance strategies for both green and roasted coffee
- Plus many more tips gleaned from 10 years of roasting over 8000 batches on a wide range of machine types and sizes from 50g to 240kg
1-on-1 Session (1hr) 9 - 12 Oct
: Get to roast personally with Ben. Evaluate, taste & craft the perfect roast profile for your coffee (coffee not included)
* Time slots and roasting session to be booked and scheduled using Compound Coffee's Co-roasting Space Calendar