Roasting coffee is just like cooking. You need to follow a recipe if you want any semblance of consistency.
If only it were that easy.
We all know how food can taste totally different even when we follow a recipe to the T (or so we think).
So, what is the recipe for coffee roasting and how do we ensure and measure consistency in our roasts?
At Compound Coffee Co., our recipe consists of a roast log with various roast data as a measure of quality control. It includes these factors:
- Bean Moisture Content, Pre & Post-Roast.
- Batch Size Pre-Roast and Weight Loss Post-Roast
- Whole Bean Agtron Color & Ground Agtron Color
- Master Roast Profile ( Time vs Temperature Graph )
- Cupping and Cupping Notes